Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentine's Day nails #4: Black/ white rhinestone hearts+ 3 Halo Hues


Hello everyone!



Today is day 4 in my Valentine's Day nails series. I wanted to use my white/ black rhinestone hearts, and combined them with 3 holographic Color Club nail polishes: a light pink, pink, and a purple. It was very sparkly, and the holographic polishes added a lot of color shift, so there are a lot of photos today.

Black/ white rhinestone hearts
Black/ white rhinestone hearts

Black/ white rhinestone hearts

Black/ white rhinestone hearts
Black/ white rhinestone hearts

Black/ white rhinestone hearts

Black/ white rhinestone hearts
Black/ white rhinestone hearts

Black/ white rhinestone hearts
Black/ white rhinestone hearts



Black/ white rhinestone hearts

Black/ white rhinestone hearts








Black/ white rhinestone hearts

Black/ white rhinestone hearts

Black/ white rhinestone hearts

Black/ white rhinestone hearts

Black/ white rhinestone hearts

Black/ white rhinestone hearts

Black/ white rhinestone hearts

Black/ white rhinestone hearts



Black/ white rhinestone hearts

Black/ white rhinestone hearts


I used:
Color Club: #977 Cloud Nine (pinky+ thumb) -light pink
Color Club: #998 Miss Bliss (ring finger+ index finger) -pink
Color Club: #999 Eternal Beauty (middle finger) -purple
Black/ white rhinestone hearts
Seche Vite (as glue)

I didn't want to dull down the linear holographic effect, so I didn't use top coat. I used Seche Vite as glue, but many of the hearts fell off after some hours (luckily not in anyone's food), so you will need something stronger, or put top coat over the hearts. But I just glued them on with Seche Vite again. Do you have any experience with nail glue? What would you have used?

Black/ white rhinestone hearts


The black/ white rhinestone hearts:
I think the photos describe the hearts better than I do. But I just want to say that their diameter is 0,8 cm, and that they are 1,5-  2 mm thick, and that I was surprised that the stones shined in pastel like colors. As you see, the hearts are curved to fit on the nail. This is an easy and quick way to dress up a manicure. And  it looks like I can clean the hearts, and use them again and again and...

Black/ white rhinestone hearts

Black/ white rhinestone hearts

Black/ white rhinestone hearts




The holographic polishes:
I don't know if you noticed, but the darkest color is on the middle finger, and then the pink is on either side of it, and the light pink on the thumb and pinkie. I know you have seen many holo posts lately. That's because I recently bought and received 4 nail polishes from the Color Club's Halo Hues 2013 collection, and I love them. The ones I've tried so far are easy to work with, and opaque in 2 coats. I got one unlabelled bottle, and hope it is Miss Bliss, which is the one I ordered. Cloud Nine is from last years Halo Hues collection. All of these are linear holographic nail polishes with a strong holographic effect, and they are not tested on animals! :-) According to this blog post, Color Club is not only cruelty- free, but also vegan, and all products are made in the US.

Black/ white rhinestone hearts



Black/ white rhinestone hearts

Photo light:
Again, most of the photos are taken in front of a LED lamp, many in front of Ott- lite, and the last one above is taken under a normal lamp with yellowish light. Here is one photo to show you what this mani looked like in low light. This first photo below was taken in a tunnel under the highway.

Black/ white rhinestone hearts
Black/ white rhinestone hearts

Black/ white rhinestone hearts


Where to buy it:
The black/ white rhinestone hearts can be bought at Norway Nails and on eBay. Color Club nail polishes can be bought in more than 95 countries. I bought mine on eBay. Depending on where you live, I've heard that you can buy them online at shopcolorclub.comenospring.com, 8ty8Beauty, and probably other online stores.


Lani

2 comments:

  1. lovely nails!
    im your newest follower!
    would love if you checked out my blog sometime!
    <3
    varnishvixen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete