Monday, June 30, 2014

Vintage Flowers - freehand nail art - inspired by xoJahtna


Hello everyone!




In one of the groups I'm a member of, flowers is the theme this month. "Vintage flower" was the theme last week, and "vintage" is the challenge in a different group this week. So I'll show you the rose, lilly, and daisy nails I made later. I must admit that I didn't know what "Vintage flowers" was until I saw the examples and videos we were given. I'll include the video tutorial made by xoJahtna, that helped and inspired me, at the end of the post.


What I did:

For these "Vintage Flower" nails, I applied Deborah Lippmann Blue Orchid, and made the flowers with acrylic craft paint and a toothpick. I used Seche Vite top coat. After a while I added silver holographic glitter; INM Out The Door Northern Lights Top Coat Silver.

Some photos are with holo glitter and some are not. It rained constantly the first day, but I got some photos without rain the second day, and then, to my surprise, the sun came back. So I hope you are ready for many photos! ♥

with glitter







without glitter






without glitter









without glitter






I was inspired by this video tutorial made by xoJahtna:



The plan was to do exactly what she did. But because of thunder and lightening I had to turn everything off, so I couldn't look at it when I struggled and had mixed the colors to much...

Nearly ready, before top coat:

Before top coat


Products used:

Duri Rejuvacote (base coat)
Deborah Lippmann: Blue Orchid (blue periwinkle cream) - Used before. To see it click here (Easter chicks) & here (LIVE ♥ laugh ♥ love)
Toothpick
Pallette
Acrylic craft paint (from Panduro):
-Titanium White (white)
-Rose (dark pink/ red)
-Emerald Green (green)
-Burnt Umber (brown) -used mixed with green and white
Seche Vite (top coat)
INM Out The Door Northern Lights Top Coat Silver (silver holographic micro glitter)



I hope you like this nail art. Did you notice that I didn't tell you which flower this was supposed to look like? LOL.

If you have any tips or tricks or favorite acrylic paint, I'll be very happy.

Lani

14 comments:

  1. It's so wonderful, really well painted :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ♥ It was thick before top coat, so I'll try to dilute the paint next time.

      Delete
  2. Brilliant designs, super-pretty! Really jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ♥ But please don't be jealous. This technique allows you to not paint perfect, but it still looks good.

      Delete
  3. perfect roses, love them more in version with glitter :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty!! Where do you buy the acrylic paint from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The shop is called Panduro Hobby. There is a link above. I bought a set of 12 colors when it was on sale last year. But you can probably find cheaper paint in other arts and crafts stores. And I don't know if this is the best acrylic paint for nail art. This is just a plain acrylic paint to use on canvases.

      Delete
  5. What a brilliant post! Thanks a giving for very nice ideas about nail art.Its very beautiful.These look gorgeous.I love the idea of well painting the roses red! Red on a black background is always so stunning:-)You are also providing on this Body studio paint is great.I love it.Good work.For more information you can visit on this site:
    http://knowfrome.com/
    Thanks to author!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you like this nail art and my blog! Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  6. It is awesome vintage flower nail art.Nails look attractive.Roses looks so cute.glitter make the design more effective.I really enjoy your post.Thanks for sharing this information with us......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to hear that you like my mani and to read about it! That makes me happy! :-)

      Delete