Monday, November 10, 2014

#52WPNMC - 3 shades of blue and blue foil


Hello everyone!



"3 shades of blue" is one of the themes this week in the 52 Week PICK N MIX Challenge (#52WPNMC).

My 3 blues are:

Sally Hansen: #420 Pacific Blue
Deborah Lippmann: Blue Orchid
Picture Polish: Freya's Cats





What I did:

The base is Pacific Blue. Then I made stripes with the brush from the bottles of Blue Orchid and Freya's Cats. Because I don't have a top coat that doesn't destroy the foil, I applied Seche Vite (top coat) before painting the foil glue on, and applying the blue nail foil. I bought the foil from KKCenterHk.


Sally Hansen: #420 Pacific Blue looks prettier than on the photo below:



I've only read good things about Pacific Blue, and when everybody started to buy as many back up bottles they could, I got curious. And now that I'm wearing it, I must say that I really understand the hype! This is a very beautiful royal blue, and it reminds me of my dear old Dior #489 Cobalt. Sally Hansen has made a new blue polish and given it the same name. I found this bottle on eBay.

With the stripes:



With the foil:




Freya's Cats and Blue Orchid are two of my favorite blues, but I haven't showed swatches of them yet. When I do I'll add inks here. One coat of both was enough here. Freya's cat's is created by Nihidra. 






I've used Blue Orchid for nail art 3 times:

LIVE ♥ laugh ♥ love
Easter chicks
Vintage Flowers - freehand nail art - inspired by xoJahtna

I hope you've had a nice weekend!


Lani

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! I like using foil, but without top coat, it starts to wear off before I finish photographing...

      Delete
  2. Wow!!! This is so amazing. Love the idea and the end result. Its unique and classy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That makes me happy! I like it too, but maybe the light blue gives too much contrast. I like how the pinkie nail turned out.

      Delete
  3. Lani, your post are stunning, i really adore these pics of the blue nails - blue are my favourite colour! :-) Your very talented by creating such beautiful art! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words! I have been making a little nail art, but I haven't been blogging for a while, but I'm more active on Instagram. I'm @nailphotosbylani there.

      Delete