Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Back to the Future NAIL POLISH: 88MPH from Pretty Serious



Hello everyone!




Today, October 21th 2015, Marty McFly and Dr. Emmett Brown travelled to the future, so it's a special day for us "Back to the Future" - fans, and I want to show you Pretty Serious "88MPH". I'm going to celebrate now, so I'll add more photos tomorrow.



I bought this nail polish only because of the name and because it was inspired by the DeLorean car that Doc builds into a time machine in the Back to the Future trilogy. It's from Pretty Serious, and it's called 88MPH. I had decided not to buy any textured polishes. But I love the polish. And it's definitely easier to wear than my Marty McFly cap...



I brought it with me last night... but didn't dare to wear it...   It really is a holographic cap. The color changes all the time, like the glitter in the polish.





88MPH is about 141,6 km/h. That's the speed they needed to make the car work as a time machine.






Here are some quotes from the first Back to the Future movie (from IMDB):

Marty McFly: Wait a minute, Doc. Ah... Are you telling me that you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?
Dr. Emmett Brown: The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?

A little later:
Dr. Emmett Brown: If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit.

88MPH movie clip:






End of the first movie:
Marty McFly: Hey, Doc, we better back up. We don't have enough road to get up to 88.
Dr. Emmett Brown: Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.





About the nail polish:

So this is my first textured nail polish, and the first time my friends have asked if they can touch my nails. Lol! But I'm glad I bought it.



88 MPH is the second polish I show you from Pretty Serious' "Hit the Road" collection. A famous car inspired collection. As I wrote in the Hell On Wheels post, Pretty Serious is 3- free, vegan and cruelty- free. I'm not sure how to describe this polish. It's a textured, shiny, metallic with tiny holographic glitter. I expected the color to be like aluminum, like the car, but it's more like a silvery bronze. Or what do you think? But after seeing the first movie again, I was reminded that the car was covered by frost, and rebuilt, so the holo glitter and the way it looks makes sence. As you see on my nail length, I've been wearing it several times. The long nails are two coats, no top coat. And the shortest are with top coat, although it hardly shows on the photos. It took 2 coats of Pochè and 1 coat of Seche Vite to make a smooth surface.







The nail polish comes in this pretty box:




Pretty Serious is an Austrailian brand, but their products can be bought online from these stockists. Many of them have international shipping.




More about the movies:

My favourite scenes from the triology are when Marty wakes up, and every time he thinks he has had a horrible nightmare. Every time he hears his mother's voice, telling him that he is safe and sound, back in ... 1955, at the McFly farm, and so on... And Marty understands where and when he is.

Here are two clips from the first movie:



Here is the text from the first YouTube scene (copied from IMDB), for those of you who want to translate it:

[Marty wakes up in Lorraine's bed]
Marty McFly: Mom. That you?
Lorraine Baines: There, there, now. Just relax.
[pats a damp cloth on Marty's forehead]
Lorraine Baines: You've been asleep for almost nine hours now.
Marty McFly: I had a horrible nightmare. I dreamed that I went... back in time. It was terrible.
Lorraine Baines: Well, you're safe and sound now, back in good old 1955.
Marty McFly: [opens his eyes wide] 1955?

I laugh every time Marty wakes up in the movies. Lol.

Marty McFly: Calvin? Wh... Why do you keep calling me Calvin?
Lorraine Baines: Well, that is your name, isn't it? Calvin Klein? It's written all over your underwear.

















If I knew you all had seen these Back to the Future movies, I would have showed you more clips, and told you more. If you haven't seen them, I hope you do, and that you'll enjoy them as much as I do. I would recommend to see them all on one weekend, or over three days or something, so that you remember the details. Because that's one of the things that's so fantastic in these movies. And you will see the same scene from different angles, depending on who's perspective we view it from, and also the same place at different times. I also love to see the same actors in the different eras, so it's sad that the actress who plays Marty's girlfriend and the actor who plays his father couldn't be in the second and third movie. But it's amazing to see the actors we first meet as Marty, Biff and Lorraine in the different eras. I could go on talking about these movies for days...




What do you think about this polish? And what do you think of the movie(s)?



I've been a fan of Back to The Future for a long time, and now I'm a fan of Pretty Serious too. I've tried a few of their polishes, and love them all, although I haven't showed them on the blog yet. You've already seen the red Hell on Wheels that I won in Norway Nails giveaway. I also love the purple "Into Dreams" and "Lacy Underthings".

If you want to buy the cap and the photos, try eBay.






Do you have any Back to the Future inspired nail polishes? I'm going to find out more about Indigo Bananas Great Scott.

Lani