Sunday, June 3, 2012

Deborah Lippmann: Steal My Kisses- set. Part 1


Love Is A Battlefield (magnetic)



Hello everyone!

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield



"Love Is A Battlefield" is one of the two magnetic nail polishes from Deborah Lippmann's set called "Steal My Kisses", that I bought early in May, as you can see here. In the next post I will show you the other nail polish; "Berry Metal".

 Deborah Lippmann: Steal My Kisses







On the front of the box it says "magnetic wave design nail lacquer", and it has a silver wave design, and through a window you see the purple- silver nail lacquer, the magnet, and the red nail lacquer, which I will show today.

(If you want to see a lot of photos, get some snacks and something to drink, lean back, and click on "read more"! Or just scroll down. Or go to the next post (part 2))



Deborah Lippmann: Steal My Kisses

On the back of the box, you can find step by step directions. (Mine is in English and French. I will write the English text, because the text on the photo is small, and to make it easier to translate.)

Deborah Lippmann: Steal My Kisses

Directions:

Step 1 Start with clean nails. Apply Deborah Lippmann base coat of choice to nails and allow to dry for 1 minute.
Step 2 Apply one coat of magnetic nail lacquer on all 10 nails and allow to dry (at least 1 minute).
Step 3 To create magnetic wave design effect apply a generous coat of lacquer to one nail. While polish is wet take enclosed magnetic cap and hold the magnetic top just above the nail for 10 seconds.
There is a small lip on the edge of cap that can rest just on the cuticle (be careful not to touch the nail).
Lacquer must be wet for effect to occur.
Step 4 Repeat on all 10 nails and apply Deborah Lippmann top coat for a perfect finish.

Deborah Lippmann: magnetic design cap



You can also read the ingredients on the back of the box. It also says; "Free of Formaldehyde, Toluene, and Dibutyl Phthalate. No animal testing." :-)
According to Logical Harmony, Deborah Lippmann's nail lacquers are also vegan. :-)

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield



Each of Deborah Lippmann's nail lacquers are named after a song. And since this name has to do with love, I thought it was appropriate with heart shaped flowers.

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield

I do not have Deborah Lippmann base- and top coat, so I used my regular base- and top coat, but followed the instructions. This is my first magnetic nail polish, but after watching Collette's (from My Simple Little Pleasures) videos, I knew I was lucky to have a separate magnet, instead of having to use the top of the brush.

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield



It was exciting to try something new, and on most nails I was very pleased with the result. But on some nails I got a very weak pattern. I do not know if I had put a too small amount of polish on, or why it happened. So the next time, I held the magnet on for a longer time, but then it got darker (I think). When I tried to put a more generous amount on, I got a much better wave design, but a few bubbles... I also tried to put an extra coat on a nail with a weak pattern, and hold the magnet over once more. That helped on some nails. On other nails I removed the lacquer and tried again, and was very pleased with the results.


Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield

The next two photos are taken with flash.

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield




The color of this polish reminds me of OPI's "Diva of Geneva", a red nail lacquer I like very much. So here are some photos of "Love Is A Battlefield" on its own. In my opinion it is the kind of red that goes with every other color, except for classic red. On the box, the color is described as "magenta".

One coat:

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield

Two coats, no top coat:

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield

Two coats, with top coat:

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield



If you want to see Deborah Lippmann's other magnetic set, or the rest of her collection, or where the stores selling her nail lacquers are, click here (deborahlippmann.com). Her nail lacquers can also be bought online in some countries (US, Canada,++).

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield

Deborah Lippmann: Love Is A Battlefield




This was part 1 about the set. In the next post you can read about the other magnetic nail lacquer; "Berry Metal".


Lani