Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Tri- Polish Challenge, Day 9: Hearts with Gold and Raindrops. Valentine's Day nails #6


Hello everyone!



The three new colors in the Tri- Polish Challenge (TPC) for May are red, grey and blue. For those colors I chose these polishes: IsaDora #743 ORIENT EXPRESS (red), GOSH: #594 MISS GREY (grey), and mi-ny: #177 BLUE SKY (blue). And as usual we have free use of white, black, gold, silver, and clear based glitter. I had actually planned to make this mani with red hearts for Valentine's Day. But a blue heart on an accent nail turned it into a TPC mani. I was inspired by a cup I got for Christmas. I took photos inside. But after a lot of rain, the sun decided to help me.

(I made this nail art last week, so you might have seen the photo above on facebook already.)






Here I zoomed in on the raindrops from the first photo

What I did:

I started with white nails, and used a small round brush to paint the red and blue hearts. Then I used a gold polish (H&M: Back by Noon) and a yellowish gold (H&M: Run Baby Run) and BM-316 and MM02 to stamp the gold pattern.

I've been asked how I paint my nails, and I don't think I do anything special, but I always clean around the nail/ cuticles before and after applying top coat. A good top coat also helps a lot. And I look at the photos before I remove the polish.


Used:

OPI: My Boyfriend Scales Walls (white)
IsaDora: #743 ORIENT EXPRESS (red)
mi-ny: #177 BLUE SKY (blue)
H&M: Back by Noon (gold) -the bottle to the left below
H&M: Run Baby Run (yellowish gold)
Stamping plates: BM-316, MM02
Stamper & scraper from KKCenterHk


What I used



So as you see, I only used two of the TPC polishes this time. I have written about the blue mi-ny polish before, and will hopefully show you swatches of the red and the grey soon. I had planned to make three more TPC manicures in May...

Holding IsaDora: ORIENT EXPRESS
Holding OPI: My Boyfriend Scales Walls

Holding: mi-ny: BLUE SKY

Animal testing:


I have tried to use products that have not been tested on animals. H&M and IsaDora can be found on the animal organization's cruelty- free lists. My bottle of OPI is also cruelty- free, because it was bought before OPI was removed from the cruelty- free lists. OPI is bought by a company that do test on animals, but I have not found OPI on the animal organizations' lists of brands that should be avoided yet. I have not seen mi-ny on any lists yet. My source is their answer when I asked them on facebook :-)


How to follow me (after Google Reader is gone):


If you read my blog trough Google Reader, I recommend you to start following "Nailphotos by Lani" on Bloglovin', because Google Reader will be taken off this summer. You can also find my future blog posts on facebook, G+, and Twitter. It's also possible to follow "Nailphotos by Lani" by email.






Don't forget to take a look at the other TPC Day 9/ May #1 nails below!


Lani

6 comments:

  1. It's super pretty - a perfect match for your cup/inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the positive feedback! :-) I was going to take it off because I wasn't pleased with the hearts, but after the stamping, I was surprised by how well it turned out. I have bought brushes, so I hope I'll have time and inspiration to do more freehand nail art

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! Thank you! You are too kind!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. You are too kind too! Thank you! Thank you!

      Delete