Sunday, May 11, 2014

LIVE ♥ laugh ♥ love - fanbrush stripes & stamping nail art - pastels from Deborah Lippmann's "Spring Reveries" Collection - Valentine's Day nails #10


Hello everyone!

Stage 4


I started with pastel mint green nails. Then I used a fan brush to make stripes in pastels (yellow, lime green, blue and lavender). I used all the nail polishes from Deborah Lippmann's 2014 limited edition "Spring Reveries" Collection, except for the pastel orange. Instead I used Ruby Kisses: Lavender Dream, that I've showed you earlier.

I stamped with China Glaze: Adore, BM- 405 (text) and BM- H16 (flowers).
BM-405 is from Bundle Monster's 2013 "Create Your Own" Collection, and BM-H16 is from the 2013 Holiday Collection. But now it's possible to buy individual plates too.
Adore is from China Glaze's Romantique Collection from Spring 2009. Shades from that collecion are Messy Mansion's favorites for stamping, so I wanted to try it. I found this teal on eBay, and it worked very well for stamping.

This manicure kind of evolved, so there are different versions of it below.

Here you see the palette. I've fallen in love with these pastels. You'll find their names in the product list. I was very pleased with the result you see below,

Stage 1

but sadly I had to redo the ring finger nail, so this is what it looked like before the stamping:

Stage 2

More photos of the "LIVE ♥ laugh ♥ love & 4 flowers" version:

Stage 4

Stage 4

I made this manicure for a AIS Sunday challenge in March, when I was very happy to see these spring flowers.

Stage 3








This version is with only two flowers.

Stage 3



Then I accidentally removed too much when I tried to use tape to do the clean up. So I applied the DL shimmer (La Vie En Rose) from the same collection on some of the nails. And then I filled in the flowers with the shimmer, but it didn't look good, so I took the flowers off. (No pictures of stage 5)

The last version is with the text on all nails and shimmer on all nails except the middle finger nail:

Stage 6

Stage 6


Products used:

Deborah Lippmann: Flowers In Her Hair (pastel mint green creme)
Deborah Lippmann: Build Me Up Buttercup (pastel yellow creme)
Deborah Lippmann: Spring Buds (pastel lime green creme)
Deborah Lippmann: Blue Orchid (pastel blue creme)
Deborah Lippmann: La Vie En Rose (sheer nude/ pastel pink with copper shimmer)

-all from Deborah Lippmann's "Spring Reveries" Collection from spring 2014

Ruby Kisses: Lavender Dream (lavender creme)

A fan brush
Palette (the back side of a Messy Mansion plate) 
XL stamper (black with white soft and small red hard stamper)
Stamping polish: China Glaze: Adore (teal metallic)
Stamping plates: BM- 405 (LIVE ♥ laugh ♥ love) and BM- H16 (flowers)
Lint roller to clean the stamper
Scotch tape to remove my mistakes/ for clean up, (which minimised the need for clean up with a brush dipped in acetone)

Duri Rejuvacote as base coat and Seche Vite top coat.


As I've mentioned before Deborah Lippmann products are not tested on animals.

Stage 6

I haven't swatched the Spring Reveries Collection, but I've used Blue Orchid for nail art. Just click here to see it.


Lani

9 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE it, it's so delicate and lovely to look at <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! ♥ I really love these stamping plates and the pastels.

      Delete
  3. So delicate. Very very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ♥ After all this positive feedback, maybe I should make a version with warm colors ♥♥♥

      Delete
  4. Thank you Chichicho! ♥ Please give all your pets a treat from me! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely colors, cute image plate, touch of Lani's magic and we have an awesome manicure <3

    ReplyDelete