Friday, September 21, 2012

One night wear for holographic lovers


Hello everyone!

GOSH #549 Holographic Hero

Yes, that's really how the cap of this bottle is labelled! Lol!

GOSH #549 Holographic Hero


I finally found GOSH #549 Holographic Hero. And now, after I have tried it, I'm going to buy a few more.



I hope they're not sold out tomorrow. It's not every day that a cruelty- free brand comes out with a nice holographic nail polish. Honestly, Nubar is the only other brand I know of that's on PETA's cruelty- free list.

GOSH #549 Holographic Hero
This is a silver linear holographic nail polish. It looks nearly white in the shade, but in the sun a little rainbow comes alive. I tested if it worked best with or without an aqua base underneath. In my opinion it looks better with aqua base as base coat. The formula was a bit thin, so I used 3 coats of Holographic Hero. I had planned to use a top coat, but the sun came out... Therefor many of these pictures are taken without top coat in the sun.

GOSH #549 Holographic Hero

I eventually applied a top coat, and didn't see much difference, but I am not sure. The next day I did have some tip ware. (But I'm not complaining, since this nail polish is marketed as a "one night/ 24 hours" kind of nail polish! That only means that I will need many bottles. And compared to certain other brands, Gosh is not expensive.) I had planned to do nail art with this polish as a base, but didn't have the time for it the first day. So I applied one more coat of Holographic Hero, and that solved the problem.

GOSH #549 Holographic Hero

I also like how toned down it looks inside in the shade:

GOSH #549 Holographic Hero

I was surprised that I could see a little holo in the rain:

GOSH #549 Holographic Hero

And here are some more pictures taken in the sun:

GOSH #549 Holographic Hero


GOSH #549 Holographic Hero

GOSH #549 Holographic Hero


I included some more bottle shots, so that you can read the text. On one side of the cap it's in English, and on the other in French. And as you see, it's limited edition.

GOSH #549 Holographic Hero

GOSH #549 Holographic Hero

GOSH #549 Holographic Hero

I don't have the original holographic Gosh nail polish that was discontinued, so I can't compare them.

GOSH #549 Holographic Hero


Lani

5 comments:

  1. I love your nail length :) I like your swatches but we don't get that much sun here and it just looks like a plain silver in the shade. Not worth €8 for me :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They broke several times, and it took a lot of time to grow them back. I feel much better with this length, but the ring finger nail looks shorter than the others although it isn't.
      We don't get much sun here either, (that's why I ran out with the camera before top coat), but I was lucky this week. And I really wanted a linear holographic. But if I had cheaper cruelty- free alternatives, I would have considered that.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete