Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Tri- Polish Challenge: Day 3, Holographic Glitter & White Flowers


Hello everyone!



This manicure was inspired by the purple and white stamped nails in this Vintage nail art made by A Lacquered Affair. I had the same stamping image, and the silver version of the holographic glitter that she used, but other than that I used other polishes. So this looks different from her nail art, but I got the idea from it.





What I used:

As you see, I used purple, and green on the accent nail. So I used only two of the Tri- Polish colors today. I made a gradient on the tips with H&M 'Jo Is In The House'. The other polishes were applied on the entire nail. I took photos after each stage, but now I'm just showing the end result. The list is written in the order the polishes were applied.

Base coat
Linda Johansen Nail Candy: Lilac Lilly
H&M: Mint Madness
H&M: Pink bling bling
H&M:  Jo Is In The House- used here, here, and here
Konad SP: white
Stamping plate: BM- 312
IsaDora: #769 Mother of Pearl
INM OutTheDoor: Northern Lights Hologram Top Coat "Silver"- used many times
Top coat- between some of the layers & on top.






Here you see the IsaDora shimmer better:




This was supposed to be posted on Day 4. First I tried to make a skittlette. Then I tried to paint roses. And when I failed, I covered the roses with purple, and stamped roses over them, but the stems looked bad... I don't know why I think everything is easy before I start. So now I'm trying to find out what to make for Thursday. Something with silver or something black? And now the index finger nail broke again... and the ring finger nail on the other hand broke yesterday...






And below you will find the other manis for Day 3!

Lani

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I still need to practice on my stamping, but like the mani a lot!

      Delete
  2. OHMG I love everything about this mani - and those pastels are to die for...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was not sure which polishes too choose for the Tri- Polish Challenge, and chose these two in the last minute. They work well together, so I'm glad I did.

      Delete
  3. I have tagged you for the Versatile Blogger Award!! Here is my post where you have been tagged! http://fingerfoodnails.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow complimenti, bellissimo effetto ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. If you are interested you can check the rules here http://lovefornailart.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-versatile-blogger-award.html - Lovefornailart (Shilpa)

    ReplyDelete